This was my first time to read anything by Karen Kingsbury, and I was pleasantly surprised. I like Christian fiction, but I'm not a huge fan of romance novels, unless they're of the Wuthering Heights or Jane Eyre sort. I don't think anyone's going to put Karen Kingsbury on a booklist with the Bronte sisters, but this was still a nice, captivating read.I won't give a plot description here because I think letting details unfold during reading would be best for other readers. However, I will address the lovely way Kingsbury shows that it's possible to do the right thing and hold onto your convictions, even when everyone around you thinks it makes no sense to do so. This book is a great example of 1 Phillippians 4:13 put into practice: "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."
I was sucked into this book enough to put the sequel on hold at the library. It's just the kind of book you can snuggle up with when you want a cozy, comfortable something to fall into and relax. That's not to say it's free of twists and turns, but it's easy to follow and very encouraging.

2 comments:
I just started this book. Karen Kingsbury is one of my favorite authors. I am hoping to work through both the Redemption Series and the Firstborn Series.
Did you ever read any more of the Restoration series by Terri Blackstock? The third in the series is due out in June.
Happy Reading :)
I have read almost all of Karen Kingsbury's books so far. I absolutely love this series & the Firstborn series is very well written also. My most favorite though is Divine. Very good. Enjoy!
Post a Comment