What a rascal this four-legged fiend is turning out to be! And yet, in spite of all the shredded paper and demolished DVDs, I am so glad he became part of the family. He's my little shadow when I really need company. This year my youngest started kindergarten. My house would have been a lot more lonely without my furry pal with me during the day. Still, I wonder if he'll ever outgrow this whole paper shredding habit. Is it an immaturity thing, or is it just part of who he is?
Friday, March 23, 2007
My dog ate my homework
What a rascal this four-legged fiend is turning out to be! And yet, in spite of all the shredded paper and demolished DVDs, I am so glad he became part of the family. He's my little shadow when I really need company. This year my youngest started kindergarten. My house would have been a lot more lonely without my furry pal with me during the day. Still, I wonder if he'll ever outgrow this whole paper shredding habit. Is it an immaturity thing, or is it just part of who he is?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It's more likely part of who he is...but you can train any dog to stop doing things you don't want. By putting things away and hiding them where he can't get them, he is training YOU.
You can try a few things...a spray bottle with water (I used a super soaker, it had longer reach, lol), or pennies (a lot of them) in a can. When you catch the dog being bad, soak him or toss the can at him (do not aim directly at him, please!). After awhile, he should associate the bad things with the bad noise or shock of water. Start with the water first; some dogs (and cats) don't mind it, so the penny can is the next thing.
Post a Comment