Saturday, September 02, 2006

Room improvement

We've been on a mission to get the kids' rooms all organized before school starts so that no new stuff that may go in there will get lost (like homework assignments, sports gear, friends ...). W has a sports-themed bedroom, so a new locker/nightstand works nicely for him. Here's W and his dad putting the new piece together.


M's plastic kitchen set got moved to the basement to make room for a new desk. She said the kitchen wasn't really necessary since she can bake real stuff now with her Easy Bake oven.

I just had to post this photo of what she wrote when she sat down to work at her new desk. Can you see what it says? "I love my mom." Not bad for someone who hasn't started kindergarten yet, huh? I love her choice of topic!

J has a new bookcase waiting to be assembled for his room, and we have a few ideas about how to organize all his Transformers and Bionicles. His room is the biggest challenge by far, since he likes to keep his creations accessible in case they need changes or additions. I'll post photos of his room as soon we make some progress there.

2 comments:

berrypatch said...

Love these photos, Sharlene! Thought I would pop in & see what was up. :-)

Lisa in ME

Debbie said...

Hi Sharlene! This is Debbie from CWOLF. I love your blog! Are you using the new Beta format. I'm nervous to make the transfer. We are going to start school this week also, but the kids rooms don't look nearly so tidy! LOL