Saturday, September 16, 2006

Bionicle training


W had a football game this morning (which turned out to be rained out), but our youngest two kids couldn't go because they had colds. So, J extended an invitation to his sister to join him in some Bionicle play. This is a first! M willingly jumped right in and tried to get into character. However, she needed more information about how these characters work before she could really get going. J filled her in on the ways of the Bionicle. Here's a little of what I overheard:

J: "Okay, this guy is quick and agile, but this guy's power is his amazing strength."
M: "What does 'agile' mean?"
J: "It means he can move around easily."
M: "I want mine to be strong and move around easily."
J: "No, yours is just agile, but that's good because if you're agile you don't have to be too strong."
M: "Don't they ever get to talk instead of just fighting?"
J: "Sure, they talk. Like this: 'Get out of my way. I'm going to the volcano.'"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sharlene, your kids are so cute! I love the red hair.

Gabe saw the post about the Bioncles. He loves them. He wanted me to tell you that you can take 1/2 of one guy and put it together with 1/2 of another! LOL

I enjoy your blog.
Debbie