I was walking our dog this week when a little Jack Russell terrier down the street broke free of his line and decided to defend his territory against my puppy. Before it was all over, my dog had proven himself to be somewhat less than heroic (he hid behind my legs for the entire encounter), and I walked away with a pretty nasty bite on my hand. The Jack Russell's owners were apologetic and handled things very responsibly. They checked on us, brought me the dog's rabies vaccination certificate, and told us the dog would be muzzled when left on his line from now on. One tetanus shot, a lot of cleaning, and some antiobiotics should leave me almost as good as new. The doc said if it were any other kind of wound he would have stitched it, but apparently dog bites are prone to infection, so they didn't want to close it. I can still play piano and knit, so all is well. I'm still amazed that I found myself in the middle of a dog fight on a Monday afternoon.
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Hands on experience
I was walking our dog this week when a little Jack Russell terrier down the street broke free of his line and decided to defend his territory against my puppy. Before it was all over, my dog had proven himself to be somewhat less than heroic (he hid behind my legs for the entire encounter), and I walked away with a pretty nasty bite on my hand. The Jack Russell's owners were apologetic and handled things very responsibly. They checked on us, brought me the dog's rabies vaccination certificate, and told us the dog would be muzzled when left on his line from now on. One tetanus shot, a lot of cleaning, and some antiobiotics should leave me almost as good as new. The doc said if it were any other kind of wound he would have stitched it, but apparently dog bites are prone to infection, so they didn't want to close it. I can still play piano and knit, so all is well. I'm still amazed that I found myself in the middle of a dog fight on a Monday afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment