ent all that time talking and gathering with the whole family, so knitting never happened. Then, two weeks ago I signed up for a class at Michael's, and I am now a novice knitter and purler. This is my first project. I originally thought it would be a scarf, then I thought maybe a potholder, because I'm ready to move on to something else. This is just knitting over and over to make sure I get comfortable with it. Now I think it's time to move on to a combination of knitting and purling. But what to do with this little project? My three-year-old niece told me last night that she thought I should make a purse ... this could become a purse eventually, right? I'll post a photo when this little square of yarn gains an identity other than "my first knitting project."
Monday, February 06, 2006
Beginning knitting
I am finally knitting! My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was little, but I hadn't picked up a crochet hook for years until 2005. I made a couple of scarves and got the itch to finally learn to knit. I couldn't fathom how something could be made without a hook, but I was willing to give it a try. I planned to sit down with my grandmother when I was visiting back home at Christmas, but we sp
ent all that time talking and gathering with the whole family, so knitting never happened. Then, two weeks ago I signed up for a class at Michael's, and I am now a novice knitter and purler. This is my first project. I originally thought it would be a scarf, then I thought maybe a potholder, because I'm ready to move on to something else. This is just knitting over and over to make sure I get comfortable with it. Now I think it's time to move on to a combination of knitting and purling. But what to do with this little project? My three-year-old niece told me last night that she thought I should make a purse ... this could become a purse eventually, right? I'll post a photo when this little square of yarn gains an identity other than "my first knitting project."
ent all that time talking and gathering with the whole family, so knitting never happened. Then, two weeks ago I signed up for a class at Michael's, and I am now a novice knitter and purler. This is my first project. I originally thought it would be a scarf, then I thought maybe a potholder, because I'm ready to move on to something else. This is just knitting over and over to make sure I get comfortable with it. Now I think it's time to move on to a combination of knitting and purling. But what to do with this little project? My three-year-old niece told me last night that she thought I should make a purse ... this could become a purse eventually, right? I'll post a photo when this little square of yarn gains an identity other than "my first knitting project."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment